Here are “pluses” of becoming a Chamber Member:
- Business Referral Services – The Chamber receives a large volume of calls each day from individuals and companies requesting goods and services. We respond by referring only Chamber members.
- Business Contacts – The opportunities abound for you when you attend Chamber events, meetings, seminars, and activities. Plan to meet potential customers and clients.
- Chamber Mixers – Regular Chamber blenders are not just for food and refreshments. Many social and business contacts take place at each mixer. These contacts will also benefit your staff and employees.
- Business Seminars and Workshops – Practical, professional programs let you focus strategies for your business development and managerial excellence. Our member experts will inform, present, and provide you with the components needed for good business.
- Government Relations – Governmental issues such as employment, education, transportation, health care, and health benefits, local government, taxation, and other issues are directly related to the growth and prosperity of your business. The Chamber is a driving force in current legislative affairs and you benefit through our efforts.
- Committees – Members are always welcome and encouraged to get involved in any of the vast array of Chamber committees. The benefits to you are great when you become an active part of the Chamber and help shape the future. Choose from…Economic Development, Education, Finance, Legislation, and Membership.
- Membership Plaque and Decal – A Chamber membership plaque and decal is given for you to display in your business to indicate to your clients that you support the community.
- Communications – Plan on being kept informed. Information seminars, keeping you abreast on issues of interest, are conducted regularly.
Chamber Marketing Opportunities
- Community Profile and Membership Directory – Market your business under the Chamber umbrella by advertising in the Allegany County Chamber Community Profile and Membership Directory. As a member, your company will receive three listings in the Chamber’s annual directory. The directory contains an alphabetized and categorized business listing sections, as well as a representative section and resource information about the county. The directory helps you find Chamber members to satisfy all your product and service needs. Marketing your business through the directory helps strengthen your image and receive referrals.
- Brochure Space At Chamber Office– Be sure to provide the Chamber with plenty of brochures to be displayed to visitors stopping by the Chamber office.
- Mailing Labels – Market your products and services directly to Chamber members. Mailing labels can be ordered from the Chamber for a nominal fee.
- Chamber’s Monthly Newsletter – Keep informed and advertise by inserting a flyer in the Chamber’s monthly newsletter. The monthly newsletter can provide your business with a cost effective way of targeting the Chamber membership each month for a nominal fee.
- Member Profile – Take advantage of the opportunity to market your business in the Chamber newsletter. Write a brief synopsis of your business and provide it to the Chamber staff. A member is highlighted each month. This service is provided free of charge to Chamber members.